Saturday, March 23, 2019

It's just a step back, not the end of the journey

Yesterday was a rough day, as was to be expected given where I am on my cycle. I was absolutely exhausted, weepy and snappy, and was even pulled aside at work to have a little chat when I got an insy winsy bit overwhelmed during a busy period that I'd normally handle with no issues but yesterday it just felt like I had no clue how to do my job, I just couldn't keep up and a minor inconvenience (...well, fair enough, a rather dangeous inconvenience of someone leaving a cardboard box in the middle of a pathway -- right next to boiling hot vats -- that I nearly tripped on while carrying stock out) just made me snap and lash out. Not really at anyone directly, more at the offensive box (it got a good kicking), but still. I don't typically have such fury warrior moments, usually I just melt down.

I had a good cry during my break (I don't even care if someone sees me crying anymore; co-workers & managers are used to it by now and newbies will have to learn I'm The-One-Who-Weeps and hopefully not get too uncomfortable every time it occurs) after which I was fine, and I kept reminding myself that it's just the phase I'm in, it'll pass, and I don't suddenly absolutely suck at my job -- my body and brain just currently aren't cooperating. Toward the end of the evening I was doing okay again and today I just... I don't know. I feel a bit meh but it's nothing I can't handle; given how bad I've been getting over the past six months every two weeks, this is child's play.

2 comments:

  1. I don't abilities should I furnish you with much obliged! i am inside and out stunned by your article. You saved my time. Much appreciated 1,000,000 for sharing this content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you homesick for foreign lands?
    I know I am for Seventh-Heaven, lil one.
    Follow us Upstairs:
    ♡ nrg2xtc.blogspot.com ♡
    -GBY

    ReplyDelete