Sunday, March 17, 2019

The cycle begins anew

Today is the first day in about (no joke) a year that I can genuinely say I've felt half-way decent, good even at times. Work was busy but it didn't stress me out in the slightest. The sun was out by the time I'd finished at 6:15 so despite it being a bit on the chilly side, I took a leisurely stroll home, snapping photos instead of rushing like I normally do (and realised once I was halfway home that I'd left my charging/data transfer cable at work & it didn't actually even bother me in the slightest although it means I can't use those  photos unless I partake in some maneuvering with cloud storages and yada yada which I won't do... those pictures will just get spat onto my laptop tomorrow, no problem) and I put four hours into reviewing my online training for work. For me, this is a lot of activity for one day, let alone just the first third of a day.

Oh, and before you click that "Read more"? Yeaaaah, it's my first post on the revamped site and all but I'm talking about periods right off the bat so if you don't want to know or you live in 1543 and think periods are icky and wrong, you might want to skip the first two paragraphs after the cut if you don't want to read about it. Unfortunately as someone with major health issues directly related to my cycle, I am prone to talking about said cycle a lot as my life and well-being literally revolves around my body not understanding what to do with something women are  meant to be able to handle just based on the fact that we're born to do this. 🌢


I was wondering where all this energy and good mood came from until around noon I got my first bleed in give or take five or six months. As you may know (if you know me in person or have studied my profile page, I have a condition called premenstrual dysphoric disorder which basically, roughly put, means my body goes absolutely apeshit during ovulation which causes mental and physical issues for the two weeks following it and then sort of flips on its head once Auntie Flo comes to visit. For some, the symptoms drop off after the period. For me, my period is when I'm at my happiest and almost absolutely symptom-free apart from hosting Niagara Falls between my legs for 3-8 days. Go figure?

I've been stuck in a constant rut since I started taking progesterone to prevent ovulation altogether (which caused major pregnancy symptoms in the beginning; that wasn't fun), sort of 24/7 being held prisoner to a milder version of the post-ovulation two weeks and I hadn't even realised how bad it's been until today when my period finally decided to remember it exists (two months after quitting progesterone). Pain? Gone. Anxiety? Gone. Fatigue? Gone. Lack of motivation? Gone. I currently feel normal which in my world means I feel amazing.


Suddenly I have all these plans and dreams flooding my brain and while it's a bit overwhelming, it's also actually quite nice. The first thing I need to do is get work & school back on track because I've not exactly been pulling my weight with either. I've decided to just ignore naysayers (well, I guess plural is a bit much since I currently only know one individual who seems to make it their business to gossip & even invent stories about other people but hey, not my problem if someone's life is that uneventful, I guess?) and carry on with my existence while working toward my personal goals.

The renovations to the flat that were meant to be started way back in January (until I got really sick) are going to be scheduled now. I'll do as much as I can myself but I think there's some bits that I'll need help with. It'll be a nice little project for me, at least. Gives me something to do during idle moments when L isn't online to chatter to & I'm not in the mood to game or do anything else less productive. And yes, I'm aware I'm on a slight high due to feeling decent, but I'll try to limit my activities a bit so I don't burn myself out. ^^ Been there, done that... not going there or doing that again.

Learned my lesson~!


You can probably see I did a blog overhaul as well while I was at it. While I'm still all for the morbid visuals, I feel the layout doesn't benefit from it very much and it made things a bit off-putting. Minimalistic and light will do for now. o/ I suddenly don't feel forced to blog which is probably the best time to blog to get into the routine of things so I can continue doing it when I feel like crap, even if just out of obligation. I figured that if I can manage to get a few dozen posts up & connect with people before/if I start going downhill again, I'll be less inclined to abandon ship. Here's hoping~! But, for now, I have to pop off to put some form of a cosmetic mask on before work lest I terrify co-workers and customers alike so toodles... it's really good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment